Associate, BA, LLB (Hons), MA. Admitted 2017
O’neal specialises in property, commercial leasing, banking, finance, commercial sales and purchases, and immigration law. He is also experienced in assisting clients in structuring their affairs, including family trusts, drafting wills and enduring powers of attorney.
He is Honorary Vice-Consul for the Republic of the Philippines and works with the New Zealand Filipino community providing a range of legal and consulate services.
Prior to joining Corban Revell, O’neal worked at the University of Auckland providing policy and legal advice to senior staff members and university committees on a range of higher education matters.
O’neal wrote his honours dissertation on the role of the doctrine of consideration when enforcing variation contracts, and the needed law reform with reference to the developing position of the Court of Appeal in Antons Trawling Co Ltd v Smith  2 NZLR 23.
In his Masters thesis, he examined local and overseas government regulations of pharmaceutical procurement and how this impacts on access to essential medicines.
O’neal provides advice on:
- Buying and selling property
- Buying and selling businesses
- Building Contracts
- Employment Law
- Property developments and subdivision
- Relationship Property
- Trusts and legal entity structures
Articles written by O’neal
- KiwiBuild, What you need to know.
- Recruiting overseas workers
- Commercial Rent Break
- Post Lockdown and Migrant Workers
- Key Changes to Trust Law – Co-authored with Frank Chan
- Do New Migrants Need Wills?
DDI: 09 837 5745