On 30 September 2021, the Government announced a new one-off residence visa pathway for some temporary work visa holders currently in New Zealand.
Applicants must have met the criteria on 29 September 2021.
To be eligible the Applicants must:
- have been in New Zealand on 29 September 2021, and
- be on an eligible visa or have applied for an eligible visa before 29 September 2021 that is later granted.
Applicants must also meet one of the three criteria:
- have lived in New Zealand for three or more years, or
- earn at or above the median wage ($27 per hour), or
- work in a role on a scarce list.
If an Applicant meets the criteria for eligibility but are in Australia and have been unable to return to New Zealand by 29 September 2021, they may also be considered eligible.
If you require further specific advice on whether you are eligible and assist you in the process, please contact one of our lawyers.
The advice above is current at the time of writing, 30 September 2021. This article is published for general information purposes only. Legal content in this article is general and should not be relied upon as legal advice